THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 7, 2011

Halloween Challenge: Ghost Stories

Day 6: Favorite ghost story...

Almost caught up, everyone! And then I can relax with these posts and include some better ones! I'm sure a bunch of you are sitting there thinking, "WE GET IT. YOU REALLY LIKE HALLOWEEN." I do... But that's not to mean I don't want to make more... meaningful? posts. Now that I'm pretty much caught up, I'll be able to dedicate more time to other kinds of blog posts.

I'm not exactly sure what to put for this one since I've never really heard a good ghost story that was so memorable or scary that it stuck in my mind.

I guess I would have to go with Washington Irving's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow because it's always been my favorite story about ghosts, and a violent ghost at that. It had a decent plot, characters that stand out, and a headless hessian that gives Ichabod a run for his life. Tarrytown, New York (also known as "Sleepy Hollow") is about a half hour away from where I live too, so it's also the proximity that really drills it into me as a favorite.

Love and "Head to the bridge!"
♥Lilith

0 comments: